Subject:Re: [socialcredit] The Use of Social Credit
Date:Tuesday, February 12, 2008  20:46:52 (-0500)
From:Joe Thomson <thomsonhiyu @....ca>

(John Rawson wrote:-) Sounds alright to me, but I must ask:
Are we now considering paying out all new credits per this mechanism?

(Joe replies:-)  No, I don't think so, John.  Not when the attachment Bill provided is read closely.  On first reading it might seem that this might be some alternate method to the CPD.  But after re-reading it, I'd say not.  Though I might well be shown to be wrong.

None for a national dividend, and new production to be all financed by BORROWED new credits?

No, the National dividend is mentioned in the latter part of the attachment.
I believe that it's already been shown that, macro-economically,  "new production", is  already all financed by BORROWED "new credits".

Joe, I've just had a happy thought.  After this country's America's Cup tenure, we have developed some real high-powered boat-building industry, including a local firm turning out luxury yachts at several million dollars a time for export.  A SC govt. in America paying out a discount of up to 80% might allow their billionaires to buy several each for their fanilies?  And help little Whangarei's industry no end!

It sounds like some things never change in New Zealand!  I've read that much of your officialdom that hosted Douglas back in the 1930's were hoping that Social Credit could be established ~ but IN BRITAIN.

For similar reasons to those you've stated above.  To hopefully improve NZ's exports there.  Many  more so than they were concerned with understanding what his 'Social Credit' proposals really were, or getting them implemented in NZ.

The point being that I think the National Dividend concept would be far fairer to the lowly- paid like us. And we'd still sell our magnificent boats.

I think you'd really gain much more if you had a CPD set-up in concert with the ND so you could benefit from a consumer price level that didn't take all your income.  Even if the discount turned out to be very small in the beginning, 'something' is always better than 'nothing', I'd say.  It's the first step towards a genuine 'prosperity', rather than just a continuance of an 'inflation' in that guise.

If the boats are that good, (as are some of your other products that've  found their way to our shores),  and there is a genuine demand for them, I don't think you'll have much problem selling them.  Some of your other stuff is certainly 'world-class' in design and manufacture, (Waratah  feller-buncher heads for mechanized timber harvesting , for one ~ and there are many others), and have already made considerable inroads into NA markets.  NZ grown 'spring lamb' is getting a bit pricey here, though!
Regards,
Joe

Regards.   John R.