Subject:Re: [socialcredit] Student Debt in Canada
Date:Thursday, May 28, 2009  16:25:59 (+1200)
From:William Hugh McGunnigle <wmcgunn @.........nz>

I agree Ken. Incidently we were the only NZ party to openly oppose student
loans. What is particularly bad about the NZ system is that the funding for
these student loans is being obtained by overseas borrowing instead of using
Reserve Bank Credit. Don Bethune researched this some years ago, but when he
gave the figures to Waikato university Student union who wanted to publish
them. The Student union were threatened with legal action under the laws of
Sedition. The governments stated that  because of the way the government
used its funds through the Consolidated fund that Don's research was invalid
because he could not categorically state that specific borrowing could be
related to funding needed for student loans. How's that for creative
accounting and dodging the issue. Don had simply pointed out the correlation
betweeen specific increases in borrowing and a corresponding increase in
student loans taken out. It seems that any critism of the way the money
system is operated is now classified as seditious. You will not get any
government department to admit that this now operates, but it does put
monetary reformers in a difficult position in NZ. We are technically
classified among the traitors. Personally I don't care any more. They will
have to cashier me to make that sort of charge stick and I would fight them
all the way. I am fairly sure that it would be laughed out of court at a
court martial because the armed forces don't have any views on the subject
and indeed they adopt the attitude that civilian governments need constant
and regular critism to eb=nsure that they do their job properly.
          Bill Mc G