Subject:FW: RE: [YouthGAS_Exchange] transgender issues and funding
Date:Wednesday, April 6, 2005  13:48:11 (+1000)
From:Youth Worker <youth @.............au>

Read below...

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Wheeler, Kate
Sent:	Wednesday, 6 April 2005 1:46 PM
To:	Youth Worker
Subject:	RE: [YouthGAS_Exchange] transgender issues and funding

Dear Meredith,
I have a few concerns regarding this email and are as follows;
This person is only 17 years old. Is there a legal age for consent on this type
of procedure?
My extensive experience as a Mental Health Worker raises huge concerns regarding
this persons mental and emotional maturity to make such a decision. This
communication indicates to me that they really are still in two minds ie: wanting
a gender change but also wanting to save sperm.
Yes it is a very expensive exercise and whilst I do not question their right to
do so, I would doubt public funding would be available for such an exercise.

Cheers
Kate