Subject:Re: [YouthGAS_Exchange] transgender issues and funding
Date:Wednesday, April 6, 2005  14:40:17 (+1000)
From:Craig Andrews <craig.andrews @........au>

Some of you 'Youth Workers', apparently supportive of young people, and
especially on a youth-related email list please be more respectful of the
pronouns here.
There are others reading here, and some are young people.

We've been told this is a young girl - (MTF) therefore 'she' and 'her' are
the appropriate pronouns.

If you can't manage the idea that some women have 'sperm'
then think of them as "gametes" - meaning reproductive cell.

Some beareded, stocky, legally-male (XX) men have 'eggs';
just as some (XY) women have 'sperm'.

Sperm or eggs are both different forms of gametes.

Craig