Subject:RE: [YouthGAS_Exchange] Training
Date:Wednesday, April 6, 2005  15:36:28 (+0800)
From:Katrina Bercov <katrina @..............au>

> > Does anyone know of any training happening in/around Perth WA on
writing
> funding applications?  We have some young people involved in our
program who
> want to learn more about funding submissions and putting them
together.   Many
> thanks in advance.

I believe ECU runs this as a community short course.

I did it a few years ago and thought it was very good. It was two half
days and you get a certificate at the end.

WACOSS http://wacoss.org.au

Run this sort of thing also.

You might also want to check in with specific funding bodies who often
run their own (FREE) grant-specific training / seminars about how to
apply to them particularly.

A lot of this information can be transferable to general grant writing.

This NSW link is also really good and you can download a whole resource:

Get that Grant (revised November 2004)
  Summary
A guide to grants for sport and recreation organisations both from the
Department of Sport and Recreation and a range of other organisations.
The booklet also has tips on how to improve your chances of securing
funding. (Revised September 2003)

http://www.dsr.nsw.gov.au/PUBLICAT/p_detail.asp?Pub_id=3

Good luck!

Katrina Bercov

General Manager
Propelarts

Ph: (08) 9328 5855
Fax: (08) 9328 5770
Web: www.propelarts.org.au
Email: katrina@propelarts.org.au
Street: 53 James St, Northbridge (downstairs from Blue Room Theatre)
Postal: PO Box 8238 Perth 6849

Propelarts would like to acknowledge the generous support of the State
Government of Western Australia through ArtsWA in association with
LotteryWest

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended for the person it was addressed to.
It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please inform the sender by return e-mail,
delete the e-mail from any computer immediately and destroy any printed
or electronic copies. Propelarts Inc accepts no liability for any damage
that may be as a result of this e-mail/attachments. Opinions expressed
in this e-mail are not necessarily those of Propelarts Inc

http://www.elistas.com/list/youthgas/contact.html